- Session fee's cover the photographers time, skills, and editing.
- There is a non-refundable retainer due to secure date and time which varies depending on session type. It starts at $99 and is non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- All sessions are made with a set time-frame. Sessions are held back-to-back with other clients and therefore being on time is essential. Arriving late to a session will result in the loss of session time. If you are late for your session, the remainder of your time slot will be used to the best of the photographers ability to capture your images. If you are more than 15 minutes late, session is considered a no-show. If you are considered a no-show, your payment is forfeited and you cannot reschedule. Please, if you’re going to be late, inform S.O. Photo + Film as soon as possible.
Session Scheduling, Rescheduling, and Cancellation
- We offer online booking. There are different availabilities for Girdwood, Anchorage, and Wasilla. If you'd like to book further North or South, contact S.O. Photo and Film directly.
- You have 3 months from date-of-purchase or winning a session to schedule & complete your session (excluding birth, newborn lifestyle, and weddings).
- All current Credit-on-File must be used by June 2021 (unless otherwise agreed upon and in writing).
- S.O. Photo + Film hereby reserves the right to reschedule any session due to poor weather, photographer illness, or a personal emergency. Please also read the "Force Majeure Clause" at the bottom of this page. If a session cannot be rescheduled due to photographers’ cancellation, your session fee will be 100% refunded.
- Clients reserve the right to reschedule any portrait session up to 72 hours prior to the session. Written notice must be given to S.O. Photo + Film for rescheduling.
- Rescheduling your session’s date/time between 2 - 72 hours prior to your session will result in $50 reschedule fee.
- Rescheduling your session less than 2 hours prior to your session will be considered a no-show and will result in no refund.
- Cancelling your session will result in not receiving a refund of your non-refundable retainer. A refund will be issued minus the non-refundable retainer. The retainer varies depending on session type, starting at $99.
- Unless otherwise offered, S.O. Photo + Film provides digital images in .JPEG format. The sneak peek images are provided via Social Media (unless you opt out), and final images are provided via a private online gallery in digital format. RAW or unedited images are never provided to clients.
- If S.O. Photo + Film provides the client prints and products, it is important to know that the images have been color corrected & calibrated to print how it is seen on our computer monitor. Any digital photos you see in email, social media, or on our website may vary from their desired appearance, depending on your computer's monitor and settings.
- S.O. Photo + Film cannot guarantee the results or quality of prints made by clients or by clients' chosen printing method/source.
- S.O. Photo + Film cannot guarantee a certain number of final images for a client.
- Digital images + video that are purchased or provided are for personal archival purposes only. We include a print release upon request for prints only, in sizes 8x12 and smaller.
- If you are wanting to print larger than 8x12, please contact me directly prior to session date/time.
- There is a 'Store' option which you'll find in your online gallery.
- It is the clients’ responsibility to protect all digital copies of your photographs.
- S.O. Photo + Film makes every effort to retain your final files for up to 3 months from the date of your session. However, it is at the photographer's discretion to remove the images from the storage device at any time after the gallery has been delivered.
- A non-refundable retainer is due upon scheduling of your session, unless otherwise arranged with S.O. Photo + Film. Payment methods accepted are Cash, Credit Card, Venmo, and PayPal.
- Session date and times are not secured without payment. This means if payment is not submitted, another client can book that date/time.
- When you complete a payment, you are agreeing to the terms of the session details in the invoice. You are responsible for reading the invoice completely before submitting payment.
- S.O. Photo + Film will do our best to provide a sneak peek within 24-72 hours of your session. Your completed final images can take up to 4-8 weeks if necessary. The time-frame is subject to change, particularly during peak season (June-October it can be 8 - 10 weeks.)
- Prices are subject to change at any time at the discretion of S.O. Photo + Film.
- "Flash Sales" are spontaneous, are a limited-time offer, and cannot be combined with any bookings already made or sessions already completed. Flash sales are for new bookings only and cannot be combined with any other offers. The amount paid for flash sales varies and are a non-refundable retainer for the session date and time scheduled.
Wedding and Event Photography
- A non-refundable retainer is due immediately to reserve your event date, along with your signed contract. S.O. Photo + Film will not reserve a date or time without both your payment and your signed contract. The remainder of your full balance is due no later than 8 weeks prior to a Wedding and 4 weeks prior to any other event.
- S.O. Photo + Film will do our best to provide a sneak peek within 24-72 hours. Your completed images can take up to 8 weeks if necessary. The time-frame is subject to change, particularly during peak season (June-October which it can be 8 - 10 weeks.)
- Weddings and other Events will have their own individual contracts with their own policies, procedures, and requirements outlined more specifically.
Force Majeure Clause applies to all sessions once session/event has payment submitted
No party shall be liable or responsible to the other party, nor be deemed to have defaulted under or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement (except for any obligations to make payments to the other party hereunder), when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts beyond the impacted party’s (“Impacted Party”) control, including, but not limited to, the following force majeure events (“Force Majeure Events”): (a) acts of God; (b) a natural disaster (fires, explosions, earthquakes, hurricane, flooding, storms, explosions, infestations), epidemic, or pandemic; (c) war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest; (d) government order or law; (e) actions, embargoes or blockades in effect on or after the date of this Agreement; (f) action by any governmental authority; (g) national or regional emergency; (h) strikes, labor stoppages or slowdowns or other industrial disturbances; and (i) shortage of adequate power or transportation facilities. The Impacted Party shall give Notice within 60 days of the Force Majeure Event to the other party, stating the period of time the occurrence is expected to continue. The Impacted Party shall use diligent efforts to end the failure or delay and ensure the effects of such Force Majeure Event are minimized. The Impacted Party shall resume the performance of its obligations as soon as reasonably practicable after the removal of the cause. In the event that the Impacted Party’s failure or delay remains uncured for a period of 90 days following Notice given by it, the other party may thereafter terminate this Agreement upon Notice.
Let's Talk Copyright
All images and video are the Copyright property of S.O. Photo + Film. As stated in my policies page, images and video are for personal use only. Unless it is in writing, agreed upon, and signed, you may not use S.O. Photo + Film's images or video for marketing or commercial use. You also cannot alter any images, such as cropping, applying "filters," etc.
Here are some definitions of "copyright infringement":
What qualifies as copyright infringement?
"As a general matter, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner."
Can you edit copyright photos?
"Only the copyright owner has the legal right to change a copyrighted image or picture. If you change an original picture or create a new version of it and call it your work, you will have violated copyright law. You must get permission from the owner to change an original picture or piece of work."
How can I legally use copyrighted material?
"In general, the permissions process involves a simple five-step procedure:
- Determine if permission is needed.
- Identify the owner.
- Identify the rights needed.
- Contact the owner and negotiate whether payment is required.
- Get your permission agreement in writing."
Are all images copyrighted?
"–it's not yours. Although not all images have been “officially” copyrighted, at the creation of an image, the snap of a picture, the work has immediately become copyrighted and the owner is the only person with a legal right to distribute, replicate, or display the work."
Who legally owns a photo?
"The wildlife photographer who owned the camera claimed ownership when a website published the photo without his permission. Under U.S. law, copyright in a photograph is the property of the person who presses the shutter on the camera — not the person who owns the camera, and not even the person in the photo."
Why am I sharing this on my website?
Unfortunately, I had to create this page due to a recent copyright infringement by a local business. I've also had multiple people alter an image by applying "filters" and or other misc. Photoshop features.
S.O. Photo and Film is my business, these images and videos are my life's work, and I have to protect it.